Are you a Certified Personal Fitness Trainer
with a great Personality, Passion for the 50+ market and always Punctual?
Dear Prospective Fitness Trainer,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s our hope you have precisely what we need in a fitness trainer so we can take this page down immediately, and put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position we have available.
You should have arrived here because you saw our employment ad that reads like the above headline.
WALKING + FITNESS CLUB™
At Nordic Body we are committed to awaken your body and mind after 50 to get you fired up to live a fun, healthy and fulfilling life in a supportive community. If this sounds like a company you would like to be part of, then please read on.
Originally from Sweden, Malin Svensson (http://www.nordicbody.com/about-us/about-malin/), a nationally ranked track athlete with a Master’s Degree in Physical Education, is an international fitness coach/author/speaker and the owner/founder of Nordic Body, which is a growing Walking + Fitness Club, currently offering clients the following services:
- One-on-one personal fitness training specializing in correcting muscular imbalances
- Walking and Nordic Walking private and group classes both in person and online
- Several online programs that we run on a regular basis from 5 days to 8 weeks
Most of our one-on-one clients are located in the Century City area and we have a good problem – we have clients on a waiting list! That’s why we would like to hire you as soon as possible ☺
We work out of several gyms either in gated communities with a very high-end clientele or at a public gym in West LA. All consultations are complimentary and scheduled at our administrative office in West LA. We introduce our company and learn as much as possible about the potential client to make sure we can help them reach their goals. If they sign up for the monthly membership, the next step is an initial evaluation. After each month we review their progress and prepare for another successful month.
If you are hired for this coaching position, you’ll begin to learn the Nordic Body System by working side-by-side with Malin Svensson. The hours are part time (15-20hrs/week) and flexible from Mondays to Saturdays. The gated communities are located close to the Westfield Mall in Century City and the exact addresses will be disclosed when you have been hired. The administrative office is located on 11400 West Olympic Boulevard, Suite 264, Los Angeles, CA 90064 and the public gym is nearby this address as well.
Payment and growth: The first 30 days, when you learn the Nordic Body System, will be a paid internship ($750 flat rate for the first 30 days excluding holidays). You will be paid as an independent contractor, and have the opportunity to earn up to $1,700/month for the next 60 days. If you are still a good fit after a 90-day trial period, we will consider you for regular employment (still part time and as an independent contractor) and the pay will increase.
We are a fast growing company with a big vison, which includes a non-profit organization that will promote walking friendly communities worldwide. Our Nordic Body System will thus also be delivered to a worldwide audience (fitness clients and fitness professionals) so if you enjoy traveling, that can be a future benefit ☺ Other future perks include becoming a Lead Trainer, where you would train other fitness trainers and thus become Nordic Body’s Educational Director, and assisting Malin during her public speaking and retreats locally, nationally and internationally. Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Then you have come to the right place!
- Develop comprehensive health and fitness programs for clients 50+. You’ll receive coaching and training in our Nordic Body fitness system, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to journal their sessions, track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, and review everything at the end of the month to keep the client motivated and on track. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform fitness evaluations. Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: muscular imbalances, body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength, balance and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction. This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.), and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Finalize our educational and business programs for fitness professionals. The Nordic Body System is based on Malin Svensson’s 25 years of experience working with the 50+ market. You will get the chance to work with her to polish the Nordic Body System and thus you will be given the first opportunity to become our Educational Director. This means you will be able to train other fitness professionals to become Nordic Body Instructors.
- Lead and Coach online programs. We have several online programs that we run on a regular basis from 5 days to 8 weeks. You will receive coaching and training on all of our online programs. You don’t need previous online experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Current National Fitness Certification: Working with the 50+ requires knowledge and though you will receive training in the Nordic Body System we don’t cover the basic knowledge in anatomy, exercise physiology and biomechanics. We take it for granted that you know the basics. We also work with local physical therapists and we need for you to be able to communicate about a client’s progress in their/our language.
- People skills and personality. You must LOVE working with people 50+ and care about them as if they are your only client. We are known for treating every client as a VIP. We are laser focused on them the second they start their session until the very end of their session. If they are sick or injured, we make personal calls (on your own time) to follow up with them because we truly care about them and their wellbeing.
- Good communication skills and being on time. You will be talking with our clients, who are VERY important to us. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients. We’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but we can’t teach you manners and professionalism. You always need to be on time and prepared for the session.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- NASM Certification
- Basic computer skills (PC is a plus) and online/social media knowledge
- Massage Therapist
How To Apply
We’re looking to hire the right person relatively quickly. If this job sounds good to you, then:
- Complete the web form below.
- Email your resume to [email protected] unless you have already sent it through another career website.
- Submit a brief video (max 2 minutes) of you introducing yourself and demonstrating 3 exercises (push-ups, squats and rowing) as if you’re giving instructions to a first time client. Email the video to [email protected]. If the video is too large to be emailed, please use Dropbox, We Transfer, or upload it to a private Youtube Channel and email us the link. Contact us at if you have any problems.
We’ll contact you via email to set up a phone interview.
Again, thank you very much for your interest,